Sunday, February 04, 2007

See, Hear and Talk...in a RIGHT WAY!

I just realised its been more than a week since i posted anything!! Oops...well, i'm really busy for the past week. I didn't had time to call my sec 1 girls and to go out with my jc friends! I was busy refereeing and handling other issues. haha.

Oh man! I really gotta admit that i spend loads of $$ this week...oops. I bought 2 bags, FEW pieces of clothes and SOME accessories in just 3 nights. Haha. Maybe to some out there this is considered few but to me, Oh my goodness! My first ever time spending so much in 3 days! Gotta repent...haha.

Talking about refereeing, i just can't forget my experience at Kheng Cheng School last friday. One of the primary school i ref-ed was so rebellious! The coach actually got a quota of how many fouls he wants per quarter of the game! Mamma mia! I still can remember him shouting, "stop him, push him!" and the players do likewise. Oh man...so rubbish...what morals have been instilled in them man. I can't believe it. I was so so angry that i wanted to disqualify them! But, i patiently told the players off and gave them warnings hoping that they will not do it again. Little did i know, the coach smiled and say continue! This is so disgusting!! Worst match ref-ed ever.

Well, as i reflect my week, i realise how God has placed different situations together so that we may learn! I just had a 2 days lesson on mentoring and the importance in it plus my experience from the match i ref-ed on firday, i see how they cam be linked! I can imagine that my life would be in a great big mess if it were to be filled with people like the coach i mentioned. How important is it to really mix and know good companies! What will happen to the players of the coach in future? What will they learn? Will they be potential crime-breakers? Will they be saved and "brainwashed" by someone else? It's kind of scary, i feel. It'll cost the whole lifetime of someone just because somebody in your life influenced you in the wrong way. I come to agree that it is very very important to mentor and be mentored. To choose the right mentors and mentees, to teach the right values and have a close guidance.

Sometimes in life, i seems to take people for granted. I tend to judge whether or not this person can teach or add values, knowledge and wisdom to my life. Whether he or she is capable of helping me to be a better person. I was so so wrong! Everyone who left their prints in my life actually meant a lot. The every words they say and comments about me. I've learnt to accept views from different perspectives and to take a step back to evaluate all the opinions. It got me to realise how onlookers can give a better picture of who i really am.
I realise at times when people give a brief and random comment about me like "u're not exciting", i would suddenly freeze and asked myself, am i really boring? Though at times i know they may be just kidding, somehow it'll enter my mind and even take root! it dawned upon me that what i say really matters to people alot though it may be just kidding. And if its really kidding, say "I'm really kidding!". Maybe its just me...someone who's rather sensitive and thinks alot. At times i would much prefer that i'll be someone who is blur and not the kind who thinks too much. Well, no complains...i thank God for who i am.

Amazing heh...small little things that happen in life can birth out lessons and valuable thoughts. Haha. All in all, i think that though one's opinion about you matters, God's opinion is still the most important. And we must be careful about accepting what people say about us...so that we do not become like what they described but to be like Christ!

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children-Ephesians 5:1

No comments: