Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thinking...

I really agree that life hasn't been the same ever since i entered Tung Ling. Though only a week plus has passed, i can feel God shaping me inside out already. Perhaps it is Reverend Tony Tan that made me so emo/jaded these few days. He's really a cool preacher whom i enjoy listening to, always adding songs and hymns protray exactly what he wants to tell us. He's like a music jukebox to me! Haha!
Anyway, i've been doing alot of thinking...especially regarding the prophesy Pastor Amos prayed for me. I find it a little scary to receive a prophesy as it might just be something i don't like but God wants me to do it. But, i'm so so so wrong! God is so gracious! The prophesy is in line with my passion! I believe God has set in place a career path for me, a path where i can fulfill The Commission. Indeed, it is my desire.
I always think that its super amazing how different people think differently and how it is rather hard to communicate. But, the thing is we are made in the image of God, so how different can we be? In the Book of Philippians, it said that the world is badly infuenced. Well, i believe that is why we human beings act and think differently; due to the environment and people living around us. As i was thinking globally, images of articles regarding how money and fame ruined lives of many, i began to feel really sad for these people. I would not despise them for their actions but from them, i began to see how men is really so vulnerable, easily influenced, volatile. It is practically impossible to live righteously without God! How wonderful it is to be able to learn from people's mistakes too! I'm really thankful for how God has made me. True enough, i may not sing as well as kelly clarkson, i may not be as pretty as those famous models and actresses, i may not be as charismatic as Goh Chok Tong, but i know there is something special in me that others don't have. Something that God has placed in my life, because He chose to create me. :)

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments: