Friday, January 12, 2007

First week in Tung Ling

One week of Tung Ling gave me mixed feelings... On one hand, i am so excited about all the topics that were covered and are going to be covered. It has always been my desire to go for a series of seminars to hear from different pastors and to learn more about what it is to be a real christian. On the other hand, i dread waking up at 6am to go to school! It's even worse than going for school during my "worldly education" days!! Well...i guess this is really a sacrifice?

My classmates are really cool people! We've got up to 48 students of different age groups! One man who is retired gave me a very deep impression. His actions, words, even some parts of his facial expression are almost similar to that of my dad! Ever since my dad went home with the Lord few years back, i almost forget how he really looked like before he was ill. There was this super awkward incident during one of our lunch break where i was [ractically staring at him! He caught my eye, obviously, and i looked away feeling really embarassed...Haha. Nevertheless, i'm determined to know him in the coming weeks in Tung Ling. Yea!

Anyway, i really got to experience what is it to understand people with different backgrounds, principles, likings as me. People in church usually are of "my kind" and i feel really comfortable being with them. Ever since i got to know a girl in Tung Ling, it got me to get out of my comfort zone and to learn to be adaptable and volatile. Hard it may be, i am determined to overcome this challenge for i believe there will be many more of these kind of people that i'll meet, especially when i'm going to the society to work. Cool challenge! :)

No comments: