Monday, January 01, 2007

"...God is humourous!"

God is humourous! Got this phrase from one of my friend. I began to know and realise the real humour behind everything God planned for my life. As i was reflecting for the past year, i seem to understand why God made me go through situations in life that i thought was unnecessary. One incident was when i felt so dejected when it seems like friends whom i know for years disappointed me. It wasn't exactly a big major disappointment that i received but just a little one; I was so jaded...hoping someone will come and ask why...but none came. Well, i believe it is a very common situation that many people will face, i would say it is the part and parcel of one's life. However, i was just asking why...why is this little disappointment causing a great impact on me? I began to pray...that God will help me recover and not be affected by it. Instead of having peace in my heart(which i usually feel after praying) i felt a nudge to talk to another person. God showed me the person and i went to talk to him. Now i understand why God wants me to experience such thing...well, it is to allow me to be in the shoes of my friend's problem, so that i may be able to comfort him...knowing what to say and do.Isn't it humourous? I was wondering why God can't allow me to remember disappointments in the past to help my friend instead. Haha...probably He wants the experience fresh!

Reflecting...year 2006 went rather fast...had too many programs and issues to handle that i hardly have time to sit down and pen down my thoughts after every "task". I started the year with 4 ministries! Student Venture(Campus Crusade) in my jc, youth ministry, hospitality ministry and the basketball ministry. Of all i guess the one that impacted me most was the student venture. I was made the in-charge and was required to conduct morning prayer meetings in school at 630am and to organise a little "cell group" at least once a week with the campus crusade staff. In the beginning, things were going well...attendance was close to 30 and everyone was excited to see great revival in mj! But things get a little tight when burdens get heavier a sit was my A level year. Besides, having to manage time for my 3 other ministries, i can say i'm overstretched. Slowly i couldn't help but became tired of setting up this student venture.(btw, its undeground!) And the bad thing is, my committee started getting tired and lazy to organise and even attend the morning prayer meeting. From a committee of about 9 became a committee of about 4. From a daily prayer meeting to having only twice a week. Attendance fell greatly too...and everyone just can't find the motivation and excitment to go for the meeting and pray, to start off the day by worshipping and praying instead of sleeping that half an hour more. Things went worst when the vice-principal actually found out our meeting and was playing "hide-and-seek" with me in school. All that i can say was...I'm overstretched. Results were lousy, level of commitment to each ministries went down down down...To save time...details were...blah blah blah and i got restored from God again!Well...i actually thank God for giving me this great experience...stretching me, granting me a greater capacity. How weird but effective it is to really prepare me for the year end exams. All i can say is i can better handle my things now and that I'm definitely equipped for worst challenges ahead of me! Another important thing was to fully understand the real meaning of the phrase "full commitment".

Many many other things happen too...lessons learnt, new commitments, new friends met... Just like what SP said, these shall be added on to my life in 2007 with goodness!

No comments: