Wednesday, April 18, 2007

His Promises worth holding on

Thoughts running through my head. Things in the past flashed across my mind.

There is an endless song, echoes in my soul, I hear the music ring. And though the storms may come, I am holding on, To the rock I cling. I will lift my eyes, In the darkest night, For I know my Savior lives. And I will walk with You, Knowing You'll see me through, And sing the songs You give.

I could live life alone, And never fill the longings of my heart. The healing warmth of someone's arms. And I could live without dreams, And never know the thrill of what could be With every star so far and out of reach I could live without many things. And I could carry on, but...
I couldn't face my life tomorrow Without Your hope in my heart. I know I can't live a day without You Lord, there's no night and there's no morning. Without Your loving arms to hold me You're the heartbeat of all I do. I can't live a day without You.


Oh Lord You've searched me,You know my way; Even when I fail You,I know You love me.Your holy presence Surrounding me In every season. You go before me, You shield my way, Your hand upholds me. You tore the veil, You made a way. And when the earth fades, Falls from my eyes, And You stand before me, I know You love me.

At the cross I bow my knee, Where Your blood was shed for me, There's no greater love than this. You have overcome the grave, Your glory fills the highest place, What can separate me now?

How can I keep from singing Your praise? How can I ever say enough? How amazing is Your love? How can I keep from shouting Your name?

My chains are gone! I've been set free!! My God, my Savior has ransomed me! And like a flood His mercy reigns! Unending love, Amazing grace.

I know I am loved by the King. And it makes my heart want to sing.

The Lord has promised good to me. His word my hope secures! He will my shield and portion be, As long as life endures!


-Adapted from How Can i Keep from Singing?, Amazing Grace(My Chains are Gone) (Chris Tomlin), Can't Live a Day (Avalon), At the Cross (Hillsong).

No comments: