Sunday, August 03, 2008

The granny operation

Older people usually take a longer time to make any changes to their life. My granny.
I went for dinner with my family, all my aunts who are Christian and my granny at this "zhi cha" stall. We ate really fresh prawns, fish and bee hoon crab! Ok, the point of this dinner was to persuade my granny to go for baptism. So, everyone was really praying in our heart even when we were eating. Haha. The "persuasion" starts when we finally finished our meal. Initially no matter what my aunts say, my granny will keep saying no because she cannot put down "something" that her husband, my granddad, has left behind(i dunno what) and also my only uncle. My only uncle is considered a staunch taoist and my granny is the traditional sort thus she listens more to the only male heir of the family. I guess it supposedly mean following that someone who can carry the family name on for her husband. Anyway, my aunt's husband started telling miraculous stories he read from a book to my granny. Slowly, her heart began to soften towards God. After much assurance from my aunts, she finally said YES! That one hour at the dinner table was worthwhile... It's so great! Really God's timing...i do pray that she'll not change her mind and God's peace will continue to be with her. Also that my uncle will be willing to release my granny to baptise and it'll be even greater if he'll notice the changes God has done to her! :)

Had a chill out time at lynn's place with the same bunch of us after lunch today. Somehow i just feel that the atmosphere is really different. It's the same thing that we've been doing for the past few years actually, like ever since we were sec 2. However i could feel something different, i don't know how to explain though. Maybe because we all seem to be facing different situations in our life...like the guys in army, few of us overseas for studies, some in uni/poly while the rest are working. Boo.

Tml's bidding again! I really hope i can get the modules i wanna take!!! :)

Get well soon girly :)
Missing you :)

Looking back,
i miss the times we spent together.
Without much concerns and worries.
Will we be able to walk on together?
Will we be the pillars of our lives?

The sand will leave the waves one day,
to join the rest on the shore.
The leaves will wilt,
die away, so long.
The show will end one day,
the applause will fade away.

No comments: